|The MobileLab Program is offering Biotech Student Workshops on Oct.21, 22, 24, 26, 28 and 29, for Secondary 1 – 3 students (SJ Workshops) and Secondary 4 – 6 students (SS Workshops). There are THREE types of Workshops for a total of 10 workshops.
(I) DNA and Genetics–Visualize and Touch (SJD for S1-3 students, and SSE for S4-6 students) – a total of 6 workshops
– Students learn about DNA Science and Genetics, and hands-on experiments on Paper DNA Model and Extraction of Bacterial DNA.
(II) Simulated DNA Fingerprinting (SSF for S4-6 students) – a total of 2 workshops
– Students learn about the principles of DNA Fingerprinting and hands-on experiments on micropipetting and agarose gel electrophoresis
(III) Simulated Blood Typing (SSB for S4-6 students) – a total of 2 workshops
– Students learn about different blood types in humans, and hands-on experiments on micropipetting and simulated blood typing.
1. Registration for all Workshops is free-of-charge and approved on a first-come, first-served basis.
2. The Teacher-in-Charge can register a class of students, up to 16, for one workshop by filling out and returning the Registration Form by fax or by email.
3. The Teacher-in-Charge will download a Student Information Worksheet (SIW) and fill in the details of the students, and return the completed SIW by email, no later than 3 days after the submission of this Registration Form. (SIWs can be downloaded by clicking on the corresponding course code in the table below)
4. We will confirm receipt of both documents once we have received them.
5. Deadline for Registration is Monday, October 9, 2017.
6. Confirmation of registration will be sent to the applicant by email on or before Wednesday, October 11, 2017.
For registration, please return Forms by fax to 2109-2002, or by email to IC2017@hoyu.edu.hk.